The politician called for the investigation of the statement of his former assistant and pointed out inconsistencies in her story.
US presidential candidate Joe Biden for the first time publicly commented on allegations of sexual violence against his assistant Tara Reid, saying that this never happened. This is stated in a statement issued on Friday, May 1, by the politician.
Biden also called for an investigation into the validity of the allegations.
вЂњThis is not true. This has never happened,вЂќ said the former vice president. He called for Reid to be treated вЂњwith dignity and respectвЂќ because, in general, women who had been subjected to violence вЂњshould be listened to, not shut their mouthsвЂќ.
He recommended that the American media pay attention to вЂњthe growing number of inconsistencies in her story, in which there are always minor or major changes.вЂќ
вЂњShe says she raised this issue, even then contacting her immediate boss and a senior employee of my office. Both of these people вЂ” a man and a woman вЂ” unequivocally stated that she never addressed them with a complaint of this kind,вЂќ Biden explained Focusing on the fact that journalists still could not find any of his former employees who would confirm ReidвЂ™s allegations.
Former Biden's assistant, Tara Reid, accused him of sexual assault and filed a complaint with the police. Reid claims that in 1993, Biden, who at that time was a senator, touched her in one of the corridors of the Congress building without her permission. In March, Reed told reporters that she was sexually assaulted by Biden.
Earlier, Biden had already been accused of indecent behavior by several women.