More than 90% of all financial professionals believed that Bitcoin had absolutely no prospects. When the virtual currency appeared, everyone was sure that it would disappear just as quickly. However, this did not happen. Bitcoin has been around for decades. In addition, cryptocurrency is constantly being improved. More and more people are turning their attention to this virtual currency. There is even a bitcoin exchanger, thanks to which you can buy your first bitcoin.
Have you ever thought about what is really known about this crypto money? In this article, we will talk more about this currency. You will be able to find out several surprising factors that you did not even know about before.
1) Today, the man who created the most famous cryptocurrency is wanted by the US National Security Agency. Today, there are many modern people for such a search, but so far this person has not been found, although there are various rumors. Some people believe that Satoshi Nakamoto is Shinichi Mochizuki who is a professor of mathematics. The second version is that this is Hal Finney вЂ” the person who first received the bitcoin transfer. But there is another interesting version, which is that Satoshi has long been found, but the media are in no hurry to talk about it. Each of these versions takes place.
2) In 2013, the prestigious Business Insider magazine reported that Nakamoto was the most amazing person of the year. But this is not entirely correct, because the identity of this person is still not known. There is a chance that this is not one person, but a whole group of people.
3) There is another version about who Satoshi Nakamoto is. This may be an abbreviation for the names of large companies: Samsung, Toshiba, Nakamichi, and Motorola. Sounds believable? By the way, in 2015, Satoshi was even nominated for the Nobel Prize.
4) In the beginning, there were approximately 14 thousand lines of C ++ code in the year of Bitcoin. But now this number has increased significantly. Today there are about 70-80 thousand lines there. The number continues to grow.
5) About 65% of the cryptocurrency has so far been involved in transfers, payments for services, or products. Now crypto money has begun to decline, but many people are confident that the moment will come when the virtual currency will fly up again and they will be able to sell their accumulated savings.
6) There is a limit on the number of coins that can be mined. In total, 21 million Bitcoins can be mined. So far, people have been able to mine just over half. The more people mine cryptocurrency, the more difficult this process becomes. Every few years, the amount of crypto money that is created decreases. Experts believe that the latest virtual coin will only be mined in 2140.
7) Even the FBI uses Bitcoins. In 2013, they sold 144 thousand coins, earning $48 million for this.
8) A new block appears approximately every 10 minutes.
9) When creating a bitcoin network, a special encryption structure called SHA256 is used.
10) Today even some universities have begun to accept payments in the form of Bitcoins. The first to accept the University of Nicosia in Cyprus. In addition, even the space company Virgin Galactic does not neglect to use this virtual currency. In 2017, in Japan, Bitcoin even became a legal way to pay for products and services.
11) One Bitcoin transaction can absorb 3994 times more energy than a bank card transaction.
12) It is also worth telling a little about Bitcoin wallets. If necessary, you can print a document that will contain all your private and public keys. They will look like a QR code. You can scan it whenever you want.