The head of the State Department promised to do it before the elections, saying that there вЂњwill be something to seeвЂќ.
The U.S. State Department will soon release part of the electronic correspondence to Hillary Clinton, who previously headed the agency. The current US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo said this on Friday, October 9, in an interview with Fox News.
вЂњWe have the emails. We will present them. We will present all this information so that the Americans can see it,вЂќ he said.
Pompeo didn't explain exactly which letters Clinton was talking about. When asked if that would happen before the presidential election on November 3, the U.S. foreign minister said, вЂњWe'll do it as soon as possible. I think, of course, there will be something to see before the elections.
вЂњAs you remember, confidential information was on a private server. This is not how it should be. Hillary Clinton should not have done this. This behavior is unacceptable,вЂќ Pompeo said.
U.S. President Donald Trump earlier on Fox News urged Pompeo to publish letters to Clinton, who was his rival in the 2016 presidential election.
вЂњShe said she had 33,000 letters,вЂќ he said. вЂњThey're in the State Department, but Michael Pompeo can't publish them, which is very sad. I am not happy with them because of this. He could not publish them. I do not understand why,вЂќ the American leader emphasized.
Recall that in 2015, a loud scandal erupted due to the fact that when Clinton was the head of the U.S. Department of State, she used a personal e-mail box for official purposes. It was confirmed that 22 letters exchanged by Clinton through her private mailbox contained state secrets. Later, she handed over all her working correspondence (55,000 letters) to the Foreign Affairs Office and deleted her personal correspondence (more than 30,000 letters), for which she was severely criticized. In July 2016, then FBI director James Komi announced as a result of the investigation related to Clinton's correspondence that his department had found no grounds to charge her. However, in October of the same year, he said that the investigation was resumed in light of newly discovered circumstances. Finally, on November 6, 2016, two days before the U.S. presidential election, Komi issued a notice that an additional inspection had been completed and the conclusion that Clinton was not competent remains in force.