In the DPRK, in response to President Donald Trump's threats to use military force as necessary to ensure North Korea's denuclearization, they have warned that the use of armed forces is not a US-only privilege. Stripes inform.
вЂњNorth Korea ridiculed President Donald Trump's threat on Wednesday to use military force as needed to ensure the denuclearization of the DPRK, warning that the use of armed forces is not a US-only privilege,вЂќ the statement said.
Trump on Tuesday called on North Korean leader Kim Jong-in to fulfill a promise to rid his country of nuclear weapons.
вЂњNow we have the most powerful army we have ever had, and we are by far the most powerful country in the world, we hope we don't have to use this power, but if we are forced to, we will use it,вЂќ Trump told reporters at the summit. NATO in London.
These comments elicited a harsh response from North Korea's chief of staff of the Armed Forces, Park Jong Jong, who stated that he and Kim Jin-in were вЂњnot satisfiedвЂќ to hear these comments by Trump.
North Korea and the United States вЂњare still technically at war, and the ceasefire can turn into a full-fledged armed conflict at any time through any accidental negligence,вЂќ he said.
In April 2018, the DPRK leadership announced that nuclear weapons and intercontinental missile tests have been terminated. At the first meeting between the US President and the North Korean leader on June 12, 2018, a joint document was signed in Singapore committing the DPRK to full denuclearization, but without any concrete steps to achieve this goal. Since then, nuclear talks between the two countries have become a dead end.
In October, Pyongyang appointed Washington a deadline by the end of the year to come up with a new proposal as part of the denuclearization talks.