New sanctions-hit local leader Huawei hard, but no other Chinese companies
On September 15, new US sanctions came into effect, which barred Huawei from purchasing components using American technology. TrendForce analysts have published a new forecast for global shipments of smartphones from Chinese manufacturers.
According to TrendForce forecast, the smartphone market in China could undergo major changes in the near future, as new sanctions hit the local leader Huawei hard, but did not affect other Chinese companies.
The analyst company said that due to the new bans, global shipments of Huawei smartphones in 2020 will amount to about 170 million units. This is 10% less than the previously expected 190 million units, and also 70 million less than the company was able to ship last year. If the forecast is confirmed, then the actual annual shipments of Huawei will decrease by 30%.
The document also says that the forecast for the supply of smartphones Xiaomi, Oppo, and Vivo after the introduction of new sanctions was increased to 145, 140, and 110 million units, respectively. The companies were previously expected to ship 130, 130, and 106 million smartphones.
At the end of the year, Huawei is expected to maintain its market share at 14%, while Xiaomi, Oppo, and Vivo will receive 12, 11, and 9%, respectively